Friday 7 September 2007

Smelly place!

Really pissed off with the people up there..hopefully, there would be an opposition party contesting in my constituency in next general election!

Blur Gila to ask.mp, mewr_feedback
show details
1:02 am (0 minutes ago)
Dear All

After waited for two months without a reply, I'm very surprised to learn from the
AVA website that it had replied to a similar complaint published in Shin Min Daily newspaper on 03rd July 2007. Below is the url for your reference, I have also attached the email in pdf. format with this email.

http://www.ava.gov.sg/NR/rdonlyres/63511518-DBB0-4191-8918-0AE94DBA1A3D/18046/SMDNSMELLNUISANCE.pdf

Obviously, someone must have thought that I could have read the reply in the chinese newspaper. Hence, there isn't any need to reply to my emails.

This whole incident really upset me and I learnt the hard way on how to get effective response; that is to channel all complaints to the media directly.

Your unhappy resident,
Blur Gila- Show quoted text -


On 7/2/07, Blur Gila <
xxx@gmail.com> wrote:
Dear Mr Zaqy

It's been two weeks since I've emailed you the feedback below but I've yet to receive any response from you. Is there someone there looking into the matter? Please advise asap.


Regards Blur Gila
On 6/14/07, Blur Gila <
xxx@gmail.com > wrote:
Dear sir / madam

We would like to express our frustrations over the bad air quality in our surrounding area in Choa Chu Kang Ave 4. There is constant smells of chicken farm and fertilisers lingers in the air especially at nights..these smells has worsen due to the dry weather.

I believe that the nos. of chicken farms had decreased and there is an effort done to contain the air pollution but it doesn't seem to work!

I would like to invite to my house and personally experience the 'natural aroma' that we get everyday. We had to close our windows and switched on the aircon every night. We just couldn't do our our part to save on the electrical consumption!

We avoid inviting our friends and relatives to our house now as we're do not want them to experience the bad smells. This really affect our lifestyle as we used to host frequently at our previous flat in Clementi.

I hope this problem could be permanently solved as soon as possible Otherwise, we just have to move out from this area.

Please feel free to call me at 9859xxx should you need any clarification.


Regards
Blur Gila
Blk xxx Choa Chu Kang Ave. 4
#04-xxx

Singapore 680xxx

SMDNSMELLNUISANCE.pdf38K

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

As it takes 2.5 years for the farm to move out (according to the reply to Shin Min) and the lease expired on August 2007, why don't they start moving 2.5 years before that? Complaints have been pouring in for years, do they need so many years to figure this out?